Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TWD: Rugelach






This is my first try at baking with the "Tuesdays with Dorie" baking group! Ta-daaaah!
The recipe looked pretty difficult, but turned out pretty well. My husband liked them a lot. We both tasted them warm from the oven and the dough was flaky and delish! The combination of raspberry jam, cinnamon sugar, nuts, raisins, & chocolate for the filling was good...maybe a little much, but we liked it.
A lot of work for a few cookies. I don't
usually spend so much time for cookies, but these are kind of special. Both my husband and I decided we might like either no chocolate or less chocolate with this recipe. Might have to try some with just fruit and nuts next time.
This recipe was chosen by Grace of Piggy’s Cooking Journal so check out her blog for this recipe! Thank you Grace...I've always wanted to taste these homemade! They taste nothing like the stuff you buy at the store!



6 comments:

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cookies look great! Welcome to the TWD group.

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Welcome to TWD! Great job. Love the shot of the inside of the cookie. That sells it.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Will you look at those pretty rugelach! Great shots of the flaky crust and the beautiful sparkly sugar. I'm totally with you on the fruit and nuts only. Next time no chocolate for me.
Good job on your first week!
Nancy

Jin Hooi said...

Looks great and well done !!! ;-) I had fun making them too

Cakelaw said...

Hi Nancy, welcome to blogging and TWD! Your rugelach look great. I agree with your comment about the chocolate - I think that these would be better without it too.

LyB said...

Welcome to the group! Your first recipe turned out perfect. :)