Sunday, November 16, 2008

TWD: Arborio Rice Pudding, White, Black (Or Both)



For this week's Tuesdays With Dorie Isabelle of Les gourmandises d’Isa picked, Arborio Rice Pudding, White, Black (Or Both) from the cookbook "Baking: From My Home to Yours" by Dorie Greenspan or you can go to Isabelle's blog to find the recipe for it.






This was the start of something good....

I really liked this recipe...it was a fairly easy recipe once Dorie wrote to let us all know that the recipe printed in the cookbook had a little snag...instead of cooking it for 30 minutes, it was supposed to be 55! Luckily, I had cooked mine a little longer without seeing that. I tried it with raisins soaked in dark rum for half and chocolate for the other. I was really hesitant on the chocolate...I don't know why because it is pure deliciousness! I guess I always thought of rice pudding one way and why mess with something that already tasted so good...even if it was to add chocolate to it. I guess I will have to learn from this and try to step outside of my comfort zone more often. Either way the pudding was very creamy and rich. Soooo good! Thanks, Isabelle for this week's pick!

1 comment:

Engineer Baker said...

Aaahhh - rum and rice pudding were meant for each other. Brilliant.