Tuesday, December 30, 2008

TWD: Tall and Creamy Cheesecake


Anne of AnneStrawberry picked this weeks Baking with Dorie recipe - Tall and Creamy Cheesecake on pages 235-237 of Dorie Greenspan's cookbook. You can also get the recipe on Anne's blog.

First - let me start by saying I am totally sick of sweets by this time of year. I've given away the last of the candy that anyone wanted and dumped the rest. I don't even want to look at another Christmas cookie. Sooo, I was teetering back and forth all weekend, should I make this week's TWD or not? Then we had a horrible storm Friday night and lost our power all day Saturday - I was sure I was going to skip this week. But today I just decided I wanted to make it - so it's kind of late and I haven't tasted it yet. I think I will keep it until New Year's Day. If I can remember my camera - (I forgot it at all the wrong times this holiday season!!) I will take a picture.

My other problem was that I thought I had all the stuff in the frig to make this...turns out I only had 2 packages of cream cheese, so I halved the recipe. We'll see how that turns out. I used the 8" springform pan to see if I could get some height out of it. I also layered it vanilla, chocolate, vanilla - and then made a raspberry coulis for some color! It went together very nice and I am anxious to taste it. I'll let you know later!

Here's my raspberry coulis cooking up...















And the final product -




6 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Everything's better with raspberry coulis - yum! I hope it turns out for you!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Nancy, good call on making this after all - it's so pretty and I know it will taste amazing! I loved this cheesecake even though I had some drama in making it.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

You halved it? Genius. I totally skipped it, because we're on sugar overload over here. I'm cleaning out the fridge TODAY.

Jacque said...

I'm sure it will be a big hit! Way to get it done.

Anonymous said...

Your cheesecake is beautiful! Way to go!

Happy 2009!

AmyRuth said...

Great job on the cheesecake. Can't go wrong with chocolate.
Happy 2009
AmyRuth